Muscle Meals - Power Bowl
Although most of my muscle meal recipes are low carb, today I’m going to share with you my favorite meal that I use on higher carb or re-feed days for post training recovery, The Power Bowl. The base for the power bowl is Quinoa, a gluten free seed that is one of the few plant sources of protein that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also very low on the glycemic index, cooks fast, and as my daughter describes it, tastes like miniature crunchy rice. It is a very versatile food and you can come up with your own Power Bowl recipes, but here’s one of my favorites.
Quinoa Breakfast Power Bowl
1 Cup Quinoa
2 Chicken Sausage Links
1/4 cup Salsa
1 banana Pepper (optional)
2T Olive Oil
1. Prepare Quinoa according to package directions then sit aside.
2. Heat skillet to medium and add 1T Olive oil
3. Slice sausage into chunks and fry (along with banana pepper if using one) until browned. Once cooked, transfer to Quinoa bowl.
4. Add the rest of the olive oil to pan and fry both eggs (prepared “over easy” is recommended). Season lightly with garlic salt.
5. Add eggs, sliced Avocado and salsa to Power Bowl.
If you liked this recipe, check out:
Have Any Questions About Max Effort Supplement?