Creatine Monohydrate

Max Effort Muscle

Share

Creatine monohydrate is an excellent supplement for athletes and is one of the three types of creatine found in the Max Effort Muscle Tri-Blend Creatine. Alongside Creatine AKG and Creatine HCL. Creatine has many benefits including, increasing muscle mass, increased strength, power and endurance.

Creatine is naturally occurring in the body. 95% of all endogenous creatine is fond in skeletal muscle and the remaining 5% is found in the liver. Creatine can also be consumed from exogenous sources such as foods, red meat is particularly high in creatine. Creatine is part of energy metabolism. The body’s primary source of fuel is ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate), which in its free form is used first when beginning any activity. As ATP is used it loses one of the three phosphates attached to it, converting the ATP molecule into ADP (Adenosine Diphosphate). This is where creatine comes into play. PCr (Phosphocreatine) is readily available in the body to donate its single phosphate to the ADP molecule. The addition of the phosphate converts ADP back into ATP, which can then be readily used for energy. Supplementation with creatine monohydrate increases these phosphorylated creatine stores in the body. Enabling the body to more rapidly regenerate ATP. In addition, the increased storage stimulates protein synthesis (creation of more proteins to build muscle) and decreased protein degradation (the breakdown of existing protein).

Supplementation of creatine monohydrate has been shown to significantly increase strength and muscle mass when taken in conjunction with other supplements, such as whey protein. Taking creatine monohydrate in addition to whey protein produces greater strength and muscular gains than if one were to supplement with whey protein alone. Likely due to the natural ability of creatine to increase protein synthesis. The more protein that is available in the body, the more can be synthesized and used to build muscle. Supplementing with creatine monohydrate also helps pull water into the muscle. Keeping the muscle tissue hydrated helps with recovery and strength production.

The Max Effort Muscle Tri-Blend Creatine is the ideal supplement for anyone who is looking to pack on extra muscle mass and strength. We would recommend adding it to your XL stack with the Tri-Blend Protein (which contains equal parts Whey Concentrate, Isolate and Casein), Post Workout, Test Booster and a Pre-Workout. Maybe throw some of the brand new Max Crispy Treats in there for good measure as well to ensure you are never hungry during the winter bulking months.

 

If you liked this article check out:

Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG)

 

Have Any Questions About Max Effort Supplements?

Check Out Our Ingredients & Product Breakdown Page To Learn All About Max Effort Supplements!!

 

References

Burke, D. G., Chilibeck, P. D., Davison, S. K., Candow, D. C., Farthing, J. & Smith-Palmer, T.

            (2001). The effect of whey protein supplementation with and without creatine

            monohydrate combined with resistance training on lean tissue mass and muscle

            strength. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolsim, 11(3), 349-

            364.

Persky, A. M. & Brazeau, G. A. (2001). Clinical pharmacology of the dietary supplement creatine

            monohydrate. Pharmacological Reviews, 53(2), 161-176.