Chocolate Protein Cupcakes
Welcome back to another episode of Muscle Meals with your host, Dustin Myers! Today, Dustin is going over a great recipe using the Max Effort Baking Mix to make some AMAZING Chocolate Protein Cupcakes! Cupcakes have been a huge hit lately with all of these cupcake shops popping up all over to serve the demand for the customer. BUT!!!! Those cupcakes are full of sugar and don't have any protein in them or in other words they are "empty calories". Luckily for you Dustin is going to show you how make healthy, low sugar, high protein, high in healthy fats cupcakes. Plus he will show you how to make a Muscle Moose icing to go on top of the cupcakes because let be real, what are cupcakes if they don't have any icing on them. Give this Chocolate Protein Cupcake recipe a try and let us know what you think!
2 scoops or 1 cup Baking Mix
1/6 cup coconut oil
2 Tablespoons grass fed butter
2 Tablespoons applesauce (optional)
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 cup coco-whip (or low sugar Kool Whip substitute)
1 scoop Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein
1/3 Cup of Water
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Microwave coconut oil and butter just until melted.
3. In large bowl mix egg, oil, butter, applesauce (optional), cocoa powder, and water.
4. stir in baking mix and mix until proper consistency is achieved.
5. Pour mixture into cupcake wrappers or into sheet pan.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. While cupcakes are baking, make the icing mix folding 1 cup Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein into one cup coco-whip. Place icing mix in freezer until cupcakes are done.
8. Let cupcakes (or sheet cake) cool for 10 minutes before applying icing.
9. Rock out with your you know what out.
If you liked this recipe, check out: